Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Irritations and Aggravations

People generally feel better when they feel happy. Staying happy is not always easy to do, though. There are always things that can irritate or aggravate us. The trick is to find something in the thing that is trying to ruin your mood to turn it around.

Here is an example: I have a co-worker that is always late, she is late getting to work and she is late getting back from lunch. We are usually scheduled so that I go home when she gets back from lunch. Because she is late coming back I am always forced to work late. I have already put in an 8 hour shift and I am ready to go home at the end of my shift. I have tried sending her to lunch early but she still comes back after the time I am supposed to leave. Sending her early just makes her later getting back. Now, this is very inconsiderate on her part and very irritating to me.
I don't want this negativity in my life, I am trying to rid life of negativity. My solution was to realize that her tardiness getting back from lunch was actually working for me, because I was collecting a few more minutes on the clock which adds up and at the end of the week I receive just a little more pay.

Now, I'm not saying this is easy, and I'm not saying that it will work for every situation, but give it a try. Try to find something that will turn the irritation to your advantage. Try to find something that will make it a little less irritating. Don't let inconsiderate people steal away your happiness.

Until next week,
Rev. Tammy

No comments: